Monday, January 12, 2009

Site: Survival Acres

There's a site linked on the right called "Survival Acres".

I don't know how many of you have taken the opportunity to view it.

The author recently posted a pictorial blog showing people what awaits us. I haven't always agreed with the authors political views, but that's the really cool thing about this country. He's alive and I'm alive, and we still disagree sometimes.

There are places in the world where people don't have that luxury.

Take a look at his "2008 In Pictorial Review". Tell us all what you think.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great use of the pix! I like it, anyway. Too bad it's his last post. But his point is spot-on right: WHEN will we all wake up?
I will suggest about three days after the last sport is broadcast or the MSM is shut down. But it'll probably take until there is no place left to run.

nevyn said...

There really is no hope for us, is there.
We have the lessons of history to teach us but we learn nothing. We put our blinkers on and pretend that all is right with the world, then the day will come when the world is not right with us. And what will we do? The same thing we're doing now. Nothing.

Sorry, I'm feeling very pessimistic today.

Teena said...

I am so moved and shaken by it. Im upset it is the last post. Wow, no words to describe it is there? I guess he got his message accross loud and clear.
xoxox

Catman said...

Hey Anon, Nevyn and Cabbage Heart,

Thanks for visiting and airing your thoughts.

As I visit different blogs around the world, it convinces me that most of us would do just fine if we were left alone. Our kids would play together, and grow up together. We'd probably share some tea or maybe a stronger libation on a cool evening.

I don't understand what motivates a small number of people in each group (either nation, ethnic, racial, religious, etc.) to constantly provoke others into conflict.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a pacifist by any stretch of the imagination, but I far prefer exchanging ideas over trading gunfire.